Welcome to February! It's been a busy start to the month ...
- The groundhog saw his shadow, so 6 more weeks of winter (booo - I'm not a winter person)
- The Philadelphia Eagles won their first Super Bowl (YAY to Philly but booo because I had NE in my football pool)
- I reviewed my goals from January and was happy with the results
- I wrote down my goals for February
To recap, some of the goals I had for January included
- Read two books
- Write two blog drafts, post one
- Acquire one new customer
- I read two books and started a third
- I wrote three blog drafts and posted two in January
- I met five new potential clients and sent quotes for three jobs; I also completed a projected that I started in January
Reflection: What did I learn?
- My blog posts drove traffic to my Facebook and Instagram accounts which resulted in more followers.
- Reading helps me to unwind and focus on something unrelated to my business or life. This disconnect has helped me to feel refreshed and more creative when working on my business or projects.
- Showing my writing style through my blog and social media posts has helped attract potential customers.
- I like writing; I just have to dedicate time to do more of it for my business! :)
Goals for February
- Biography/autobiography month - read two books
- Improve social media posting activity to 1-2 times per week for FB and IG
- Follow five new businesses per week; potential referral businesses or those who would use my services
- Dedicate 1-2 hours per week for personal writing, reflection and journaling
- Write four blog drafts, post two in February
- Acquire two new customers - one job seeker and one small business
It's important to not only work in my business but also work on my business. I'm still learning my way through this business venture and every month, I'm dedicating time to review my successes and mistakes. My business will only get better, and I will only grow stronger if I hold myself accountable and learn from my mistakes.
Did you make a mistake in January that you plan to overcome in February?
What are your goals for February?
Connect with me @wordstockdocuments (FB & IG)